No tuck dress shirts are awesome. Not only they leave us free of wondering whether our shirt is properly tucked in at all times, they also look great. While traditionally worn shirts are suitable for professional environments, no tuck shirts are simply awesome for parties, clubs and nights out.
Since people spend most of their time working and not partying (well, most people), traditional shirts are much more popular among buyers and, in turn, among retailers. Here are a few practical tips how you can distinguish no tuck shirts from their traditional counterparts:
- No tuck shirts are usually not folded. Traditional shirts are usually very similar to one another in terms of dimensions, material and other criteria, and the only factor that really matters to the buyer is the color and texture of the shirt. That’s why they’re usually folded and packaged. No tuck shirts, however, can be very different due to their looser nature, and must be tried on to see it fits the person. If you’re ever in the shop, look for shirts that are on the hangers, not on the shelves.
- No tuck shirts usually have embroidery on the bottom edges. Since these shirts are meant to be seen fully (unlike traditional shirts – you’re never supposed to see their bottom sides), they usually a line of thicker material at the bottom edge. Sometimes those lines are of different color.
- No tuck shirts are shorter. Pretty self explanatory – nothing to tuck in, no need for the extra material.
Knowing all that, let’s take a look at a few of our favorite no tuck shirts on the market:
1. Casual No Tuck Shirt by Lee Uniforms
Plain classic white no tuck dress shirt. Being so neutral, it can be used for pretty much any occasion: a family sunday, a night out or a cozy evening in the house. A shirt like that doesn’t spread a strong message about you, but still says that you’re on your leisure time and are available for interaction. However, blank colors and looser fit will make you look mature and a tad conservative in a shirt like that. Wear with loose fit white/bright brown/bright blue/black pants.
Level of attention: Medium Message: I’m a mature person trying to have a good time Price: $9.54 – $21.99 Seller: Lee Uniforms via Amazon.com
2. Slim Fit No Tuck Dress Shirt by H2H
Slim fit, bright colors: this shirt means business. And the most likely business you’ll be having in this shirt is that of seducing women. Wearing a shirt like that sends a message that you’re on a hunt tonight, and are ready for action. Don’t wear this if you don’t want to disappoint your girlfriend. Wear with a slim fit dress vest for maximum macho-ness.
Level of attention: Max Message: I’m a young stud looking for action Price: $19.99 – $32.50 Seller: Lee Uniforms via Amazon.com
3. Semi-Long Sleeve Slim Fit Shirt by COOFANDY
Take everything I said about the slim fit shirt and multiply it by a hundred. This baby right here is an absolute sex bomb. When around ladies, use at your own risk.
Level of attention: Too Much Message: I’m getting laid tonight Price: $19.99 – $24.99 Seller: COOFANDY via Amazon.com
4. Denim No Tuck Dress Shirt by COOFANDY
Completely different story. While regular slim fits are highly seductive and loud, a cotton blend no tuck dress shirts spread much quieter and cozier vibes. A shirt like that is worn by someone who’s in a relationship, is of a quieter nature or just doesn’t feel like playing the seduction game tonight. Perfect for a pub night with your buddies or to spend an evening with your girlfriend.
Level of attention: Not So Much Message: I’m just having a good time with my friends/girlfriend Price: $17.98 – 23.99 Seller: COOFANDY via Amazon.com